The duration of a presentation slot is 15 minutes. You will have 12 minutes for the presentation itself and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
A LCD projector & computer (Windows 7, MS Powerpoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in every session room for regular presentations.
Preparation of Visuals:
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BRING A MEMORY STICK CONTAINING YOUR PRESENTATION FILE. Files can be uploaded to the local PCs in the lecture rooms during the breaks between the sessions. To avoid software compatibility problems (MS Powerpoint), speakers are advised to EMBED ALL FONTS in your Powerpoint file AND bring a backup PDF-version of your presentation.
- Speakers should arrive in their session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of your session to report to the chair person. A proctor will also be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Limit the number of words per visual to no more than 20.
- Leave space, at least the height of a capital letter, between lines of text.
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger.
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background.
ALL posters should be placed in the appropriate spot on Monday, October 31 before lunch. Posters should remain up until after the poster session on Wednesday, November 2.
The placement of your poster will be marked on the panel, where it will be presented with the number of your poster contribution: Ex. A5P-N.1 (A=first day, 5=the time slot, P=poster session, N=Area 1, .1=poster 1). Look for your number in the conference program.
The size of the poster panel that is available to each presenter is
115cm (high) x 100cm (wide)
The format of the poster panel is portrait (height > width). This cannot be modified. You are free to choose a single poster (or many smaller posters) that fit on the given panel size.
Your posters will be attached to the panel with push pins, which will already be available on the panel.